About Me

My photo
Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia
Hey all...=)..welcome to this wonderful world of disney!..ops..my blog...hehhe...My name is Arul...Jonathan Arul...hehhe...22 this year..From Penang,Malaysia..But now in Hat yai,Thailand...The Land Of Smiles..=)..this 'project' is just to share my blessings,trials,happiness,joy..But most of all...my prayers..I pray that this blog will be a blessing to many..Have a nice day and...God Bless...=)...(Smiles from the Land Of Smiles)..

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A New Chapter

                5...4...3...2...1!! Happy New Year!!! I know i know its February, one month overdue but...Happy New Year!!!..=) Thank you Father for a very blessed 2010, for the many things you taught me, for the new and old friends that u gave me, for blessing and watching over my family, and thank you Lord for this new breath that u have bless me with.
                I think it is only fair for me to share some of the events of 2010 that change my life before saying anything about this year. 2010 was an awesome year. A year i never one to forget. God was so good to my family and i. It was indeed a beautiful year full of growth and self discovery. It was the year i discovered my life’s purpose and god’s special plan for my life. It was the year i submitted my life for His will. Everything from the very first day to the youth camp to my short term mission trip to Thailand, and Nepal have impacted me in a very beautiful way. It was by His grace and His alone that i am where i am today. Thank you Jesus!
                 My short term mission trip to Hat Yai Thailand was definitely God’s special way of saying a big NO to my big dreams. I call it my Beautiful Letdown (Switchfoot). God let me down to see my true calling and peace, my true heart’s desires and that is why it was a beautiful letdown. I have always wanted to be a lawyer. It was my passion my dream. After my pre law,(got thru my law papers but didn’t do well for one of my history paper) i was so confused, frustrated with myself. It was then i decided to switch to psychology and maybe continue my law after finishing psychology. But God had a different idea all together. I registered myself for the May intake for psychology in one of the collage in Subang Jaya. Everything was done and all i need to do is to enrolled myself by 21st of May. There, well plan and i was all set for a new chapter. But then God open a door for me. There was this great opportunity for a short term mission trip to Hat yai, one which i have always wanted to do. It was a one month trip just before my intake. So i decided that i should do it just to make God happy and be pleased with me and then when it is over i can pack my backs for my so called new ‘Chapter’.  But God had other plans. During my time in Hat Yai Thailand, i have learn so much from Jesu aneh(brother), Love akka(sister),kuya Jun and Kuya Jun Jun and from all the other missionaries i meet there. Not just about missions, but also about God and this life that he has bless us with. Everything i ever knew about the church and life itself as well as my Christian faith was challenged. Well if i go in a bit deeper this will no longer be called my blog but my autobiography. My God showed me a world i have never thought of. A world full of pain and sorrow. Suddenly all my problems which was like a big thing for me seem so small. I realize that there are so many people seeking for someone to come and set them free from all their misery. I know who is that ‘someone’. I have Him in me. So i decided to share him. I will never know for sure if i will be a great lawyer. Maybe i will, and i’ll be winning cases for big money. But all that joy and peace will always be nothing compare to joy i had in me that very moment when i gave my life to God’s will, saying God use me to reach out to your lost children. The rest is well, history. I gave up my dreams for a greater call and i have all the peace i need in me. Never will i ever regret giving my life to my Jesus.
                I have been posted to TMC Seremban for a year, under the care of Rev. Sandi, a man of mission himself. God’s mighty hands were on me every step of the way. I know i will be learning so many new things from Pastor Sandi and from the church. But what i am really looking forward is to see god’s leading in my life. I am so very excited to see how God is going to use me here and what He has for me next. A new chapter has started. There’s no turning back now. I am moving forward with His grace. I pray that this New Year will also be an exciting year for all of you. May the good Lord use each one of you in a very special way. All glory to Him alone.

2 comments:

  1. HI Joe! I'm glad to read about your update... how are you doing? rest assured, we know that your every step is ordered by God... we know that your one year there in Seremban is a time of learning and growing.. God bless and we miss you here... Lyle still asks about you.."Where ish Jonathan Anneh??" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww....u dun knw how much i miss my lil angels akka....=(...i miss lyle boy's 'tis ish ma house' too akka....=(...how r u, how jesu aneh and kuya jun jun akka?..i keep thinking of all of u akka....=)

    ReplyDelete