About Me

My photo
Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia
Hey all...=)..welcome to this wonderful world of disney!..ops..my blog...hehhe...My name is Arul...Jonathan Arul...hehhe...22 this year..From Penang,Malaysia..But now in Hat yai,Thailand...The Land Of Smiles..=)..this 'project' is just to share my blessings,trials,happiness,joy..But most of all...my prayers..I pray that this blog will be a blessing to many..Have a nice day and...God Bless...=)...(Smiles from the Land Of Smiles)..

Friday, October 1, 2010

Letters To God

First of all, Love Akka, if your reading this, I cried for Finding Nemo, how can I not cry for “letters to God”?! It was so so beautiful akka. Thank you akka for letting me know of this beautiful movie. I’m truly so very bless and i believe all should watch this movie.
Letters to God is based on the true story of Tyler Doherty, a young boy who was dying with cancer. Tyler’s prayer took the form of letters which he wrote and mails it every day.  These letters somehow reaches the hands of a postman name Brady. At first Brady had no idea what he should do with it, but over time he soon discovered that God choose him for an extraordinary task. Brady became very close with Tyler’s family and through Tyler’s strong faith and hope in the Lord, made him found his lost way back home. Tyler’s life showed everyone that God is the only one in control. And his letters was a blessing to all his love ones, a ray of hope to just hold on to our God. Overall, this is indeed a beautiful movie which will remind us all of our purpose here on earth. Like Tyler, we are all letters to God
You show that you are a letter from Christ...written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living god
                                                                                                            2 Corinthians 3:3
I used to follow a teen drama called One Tree Hill. Now i was not a big fan of it (watch it for the sake of my ex gf) but it was an entertaining weekly program with lots of drama. I remember watching one episode; Lucas the lead role in the drama had a vision or maybe a dream of his uncle saving him from a fire accident. Lucas then asked his uncle why did he saved him and not the others, or something like that ( One tree Hill fans, I’m so so sorry if the facts are wrong) anyways, the uncle will answer Lucas saying that he was special and he’s life is a blessing for others, that he will make a change in many lives. Right then when i watch it i said to myself, that’s what i want to do, i want my life to be a blessing to others, i want to make changes in people’s lives.
But, how do i make a change? Who am i to make a change? I realized now that i can never change any person’s life without God in me. Because i know i’m nobody, i’m nothing without God in me. God has called us all to be different. He chooses us to be his very own so that we will be different. I like this lyric from one of my fav songs from Casting Crows,
 How refreshing to know You don't need me, How amazing to find that You want me”
God, who is all powerful and mighty surely don’t need me to save his children. But he wants me to do it. Why? Well, i don’t really know the answer for that but i know this is what i can do in return for all the good things that he have done in my life. Nothing i do or say can ever be compare to what my Lord and Saviour did for me on the cross. I just pray and hope god will use me, just like Tyler Doherty as His letter to all his lost children.
Lord, use me, your jar of clay
                                                                                                                                                                                Amen

3 comments:

  1. Hehehe! joker! surprised to see my name here.. :) .. It really is a very inspiring movie... Tricia even cried after watching it and was encouraged to tell her friends about Jesus too... well, Lyle 'cried' too, after seeing his Ate Tricia cry.. hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh akka...hehhe...it means alot...=)...lyle cried?...hehhe...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i also watched that movie... :) i got the copy from ate labs.... hehehe... a very beautiful movie... the first time i watched it is like just a scanning...woooohhhooo... but i didnt realized tears are already running down my face... thanks also ate lab.. :)

    ReplyDelete